Web Toolbar by Wibiya


One of Those Days

Today was one of those days in a week that is shaping up to be one of those weeks. After waking up with my daughter's foot in my mouth I couldn't understand why the first thing on my mind was surfing the 'net on my iPod until I nearly stepped on it as soon as I got out of bed. That's when I realized that was the last thing I was doing last night before everything went black. I went shivering to the kitchen and washed the dishes I should've washed the night before (we don't have a dishwasher and washing dishes by hand is right up there with Internet porn as far as time-gobbling activities go). After showering under lukewarm water, I gave up the fight I've been waging all week and dressed in winter clothes. Last week I was shedding clothes every day in the 70 degree weather. Today I wore this one corduroy-shirt combination I've worn so much I'm surprised the clothes aren't walking around my house and eating my food.

After I got to work this morning I realized I wore the same shirt two days ago. This is how sick I am of this weather. A few years ago I wouldn't dare commit such an egregious offense, but because now at 30-something I am certain no one gives a damn about me, I could care less what I look like at a job where they have me housed in a temporary loft space that resembles my father's garage (long story). My father's garage can best be described as Home Depot meets Beirut.

I spent most of the morning trying to wake up and most of my afternoon trying to eat my lunch. I had three meetings and a going away party for an employee that kept getting in the way. At five-minutes to six I was back at Grand Central Station and on my train, clueless as to where I'd been most of the day. My iPod died during my ride home and I didn't even have the energy to take my earphones out.

A friend of mine from D.C. called me this later evening while I was out putting gas in the truck and while talking I discovered his day had gone about the same as mine. We had a good laugh about it and then my cell phone died. I think the last time I charged it was Monday night.

You ever had one of those days?

blog comments powered by Disqus